The logs collected are pulled directly from the
/var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log file on Linux and MacOS. Windows differs in that there are two files for the logs:
The log files contain all the relevant and useful information related to the Jenkins server. Using the Blue Medora BindPlane Log Agent, the logs can be collected and sent directly to Stackdriver Logging for further use. Below is an example of the Jenkins logs within Stackdriver Logging!
Follow these steps to setup log collection for Jenkins.
- Locate the path to the Jenkins log files
Linux & MacOS Default:
- Install the BindPlane Log Agent on the host system.
- Login to BindPlane and select the Logs tab.
- Select the Sources tab.
- In the top-right portion of the screen, click on the Add Source Configuration button
- Choose Jenkins
- Fill out the Jenkins log configuration options.
Updated about 4 years ago